Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Here's to my ex-boss Sam

I went on a job interview for doing SQL Server database development years ago and project management. The guy asks me one or two quick questions about SQL Server and then says "okay I have a test for you." 

I'm like, "great."

The test was 300 questions of nothing but shapes and patterns.  It was incredibly difficult toward the end. I finished it and he said "I was timing you."

I got the job and he turned out to be the best boss I have ever had. He was incredibly intelligent. When I asked him about the test he said "I wasn't as interested in learning what you know as I was in learning how quickly you learn."

I worked there for a couple of years and the president fired him because the president was/is a racist. (My boss was from Jordan)

At the time I was in charge of the largest contract the company had. The president wanted me to lie to the client and tell them that my boss was still there to cover his racist butt. I quit the same day and went to work with my previous boss. 

Years later, we still keep in touch. #BestBossEver

No comments:

Post a Comment